Power Optix by PowerOptix
Used the initial designs as a springboard for this new version. At the very least is definately looks a lot more interesting than the previous version.
Got some feedback re Power Optix’s design along the lines of repeating forms to create unity.
Not sure this exactly subtle. And I tried to keep simple vs complex in mind.
I just some diamond shapes on her clothes in places and played around with creating a repeat connection with her shin guards and coat.
I think the diamond pattern on the scarf was a welcome addition since it looked plain otherwise but I think I may need to experiment further.
Concept art of unicorn/valentoki hybrid, Sydelle.
This is Aria Orkusa, one of the Elemental Masters that gave their names to the elements wielded by characters in the current timeline of the SFA Project. In this case, Wind.
I first gave her a purpley-blue dress but thought this caused her face and hands to disappear into it, so I tried out some other colour variations. The pinky purple one was considered the best version.
For her outfit (and pose :D; ), I drew inspiration from link and link.
Design dump for a new species of anthro I created for the SFA Project called a Basilice.
I collected a bunch of artist renditions of a basilisk/cockatrice, as well as some ref pics of a some cockerals, snakes and the basilisk lizard.
I briefly considered giving the basilice a bird/cockeral head but thought I’d have more to work with if I went with a reptilian face.
I experimented with triangular and flat underbelly scales, feathers and no feathers on the wings, forked tail, or tail plume, feathers on the upper legs or lower arms, splayed or ‘neat’ feet and stuck with a simple horn design. Feedback from my co-creators led to me to the finalised design as seen in the reference sheet.
I really liked the striking, rich colours of the cockeral, as well as the bright orange underbelly of the snake and the stripes on the basilisk lizard so I opted to use those for the main colours of the male basilice. For the female I tried out lighter/girlier colours, just lighter and attempt at a more drab appearance. Ultimately the lighter/girlier colours were more appealing to both myself and my colleagues.
And the reason for the paler face and hand colours was because I thought both became lost in the dark colour of their neck and arm feathers.
I wanted to spiff up/frillify my original design of the Roville family crest/insignia. A few were dismissed as being too close to the symbol of Zerendor which more or less left the first one. I felt it would look best with the top part of the fourth and threw together a mock up in Photoshop. Then I tried out three different colour schemes; I felt the Roville insignia would look best in either blue and gold, red and gold or blue, red and gold.
Ultimately it was decided that blue and gold worked best.
Algernon Nocturne before and after.
Top row: first test of Power in the new colours, then with clothes to see if the colours still worked.
Second row: First round of feedback; the light green of her shorts was being lost against her light grey, so I darkened them.
It was also suggested that she should have a light patch of white or grey on her chest and under her arms, so I gave that a try, as well as her beak still being too dark, so I lightened that. I personally thought her feet looked too dark/too different a colour, so I colour matched it with her beak.
Third row: Second round of feedback; the light patch under her arms look weird, so I ditched those, and changed the light grey to white to match with her face.
And I put clothes on the updated version to see how that looked.