Algernon Nocturne before and after.
Top row: first test of Power in the new colours, then with clothes to see if the colours still worked.
Second row: First round of feedback; the light green of her shorts was being lost against her light grey, so I darkened them.
It was also suggested that she should have a light patch of white or grey on her chest and under her arms, so I gave that a try, as well as her beak still being too dark, so I lightened that. I personally thought her feet looked too dark/too different a colour, so I colour matched it with her beak.
Third row: Second round of feedback; the light patch under her arms look weird, so I ditched those, and changed the light grey to white to match with her face.
And I put clothes on the updated version to see how that looked.
Experimenting with softer colours and the ear tufts being flat normally and puffing up when alarmed/startled/frightened etc.
Redesigning my fictional Arborian Grey Wols to have more of a basis on an actual type of owl. I absolutely adore short-eared owls and thought their gorgeous colouring would make an interesting choice. I kept the with the grey colour scheme; they’re Arborian Grey Wols after all. ;D