Concept art of unicorn/valentoki hybrid, Sydelle.
An old character that’s undergone an overhaul design and personality wise. Now with a more animalistic appearance to reflect her demonic status.
Comes in three flavours; au natural, standard and incognito.
This is Aria Orkusa, one of the Elemental Masters that gave their names to the elements wielded by characters in the current timeline of the SFA Project. In this case, Wind.
I first gave her a purpley-blue dress but thought this caused her face and hands to disappear into it, so I tried out some other colour variations. The pinky purple one was considered the best version.
For her outfit (and pose :D; ), I drew inspiration from link and link.
Design dump for a new species of anthro I created for the SFA Project called a Basilice.
I collected a bunch of artist renditions of a basilisk/cockatrice, as well as some ref pics of a some cockerals, snakes and the basilisk lizard.
I briefly considered giving the basilice a bird/cockeral head but thought I’d have more to work with if I went with a reptilian face.
I experimented with triangular and flat underbelly scales, feathers and no feathers on the wings, forked tail, or tail plume, feathers on the upper legs or lower arms, splayed or ‘neat’ feet and stuck with a simple horn design. Feedback from my co-creators led to me to the finalised design as seen in the reference sheet.
I really liked the striking, rich colours of the cockeral, as well as the bright orange underbelly of the snake and the stripes on the basilisk lizard so I opted to use those for the main colours of the male basilice. For the female I tried out lighter/girlier colours, just lighter and attempt at a more drab appearance. Ultimately the lighter/girlier colours were more appealing to both myself and my colleagues.
And the reason for the paler face and hand colours was because I thought both became lost in the dark colour of their neck and arm feathers.
Algernon Nocturne; before and after.
Top row: first test of Power in the new colours, then with clothes to see if the colours still worked.
Second row: First round of feedback; the light green of her shorts was being lost against her light grey, so I darkened them.
It was also suggested that she should have a light patch of white or grey on her chest and under her arms, so I gave that a try, as well as her beak still being too dark, so I lightened that. I personally thought her feet looked too dark/too different a colour, so I colour matched it with her beak.
Third row: Second round of feedback; the light patch under her arms look weird, so I ditched those, and changed the light grey to white to match with her face.
And I put clothes on the updated version to see how that looked.